Hello!Project Fantasy forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to catch up on Hello!Project news and share your opinions!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stage Lighting and Video Editing in the Presentation of Hello! Project Concerts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
whitehorce

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Stage Lighting and Video Editing in the Presentation of Hello! Project Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Stage Lighting and Video Editing in the Presentation of Hello! Project Concerts   Stage Lighting and Video Editing in the Presentation of Hello! Project Concerts EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

I think that something should be said about the video editing (switching from one camera view to another during a song) and stage lighting effects that are becoming more and more a nuisance within the Hello! Project umbrella of groups. The Usaka no Koi Uta DVD is a good example of what I mean by lighting. Instead of using the lighting effects to enhance the performance of the Morning Musume dancers, the lighting is the star performer, and anyone who would like to see the dancers performing is out of luck because the dancers are in the dark for almost the entire number. And for camera switching, just look at the opening number of Morning Musume Live 2007 Concert Tour "Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu!". I counted 161 camera switches during this one song! I don't see how a viewer can watch the performance with both eyes remaining in focus. I believe that the Video Editors and Lighting Directors are too full of themselves, and only think of showing off what they can do that is spectacular, at the expense of the on stage performers. I believe that the function of these staff people should be to make the stage performers look their very best throughout the number and to learn to view their own lighting and camera switching work more as a supporting role than a starring one.
Has anyone else noticed this?

whitehorce
Back to top Go down

Stage Lighting and Video Editing in the Presentation of Hello! Project Concerts
Page 1 of 1